HYRISK - A product of Federal Highway
Version 2.0 (build 40), 2002
Operationg System: Windows
Documentation: HYRISK METHODOLOGY AND USER GUIDE, December 2002, FHWA-RD-02-XXX
HYRISK implements a rational and practical strategy for assessing the relative risk of scour failure for bridges with foundations subject to scour. The relative risk of scour failure is calculated as the product of the cost associated with failure and the probability of failure. The method is based on data contained in the NBI database. The following key parameters extracted from NBI data are used in the method:
• Bypass length (NBI Item 19).
• Functional classification (NBI Item 26).
• Year built (NBI Item 27)
• Average daily traffic (ADT) (NBI Item 29).
• Type of service (NBI Item 42).
• Type of span (NBI Item 43).
• Structure Length (NBI Item 49).
• Deck width (NBI Item 52).
• Waterway adequacy (NBI Item 71)
• Average daily truck traffic (NBI Item 109).
• Scour critical bridges (NBI Item 113).